Serostim® [somatropin (rDNA origin) for injection] is injected under the skin each day, usually at bedtime.
Treatment can be administered by using either the
Serostim® [somatropin (rDNA origin) for injection] needle injection or a -free delivery device
called cool.click® 2. Besides
being a 100% -free device, cool.click® 2 offers:
- An option for appropriate patients with anxiety
- Less risk of accidental sticks to a patient’s family or caregiver
- An alternative delivery method for patients with a history of intravenous drug
abuse who are reluctant to use a or
Although infrequent, delivery-site reactions may occur.
- cool.click®2 should not be used with patients who bruise or bleed easily or who are taking anticoagulants or any therapy that may contribute to excess bruising or bleeding. Hemophiliacs should not use this device.
- cool.click®2 is not recommended for patients who do not have adequate subcutaneous tissue or normal hematopoietic function.
- cool.click®2 should not be used in patients for whom growth hormone is contraindicated.
- cool.click®2 is available by prescription only. Please refer to cool.click®2 instructions for use.
Only a healthcare provider can determine which delivery method is right for you.
Use the information on this site and talk to your healthcare provider about managing
your symptoms with HIV-associated wasting.