How do I know when to bring it up with my healthcare provider (HCP)?
Only an HCP can diagnose you with HIV‑associated wasting. Asking yourself some questions may help you decide if it’s time to have the conversation.
- Do I have unintentional weight loss, or have I lost weight without trying?
- Does my unintentional weight loss affect my health?
- Do my clothes fit more loosely due to unintentional weight loss?
- Have my friends, family, or coworkers noticed any changes in my weight?
- Do I have a loss of energy, along with unintentional weight loss?
- Do I frequently feel tired after certain activities?
- Do I need to rest more often, or am I exercising less?
- Is it more difficult to complete some of my activities?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it may be time to talk to your HCP about HIV‑associated wasting.